Monday, January 21, 2008

On Hold! (for 65 minutes and counting)

I have spent over an hour on hold with the doctor's office. Thankfully, I am a very healthy person and rarely have to deal with this stuff, but COME ON! At least give me an option to leave a message rather than sit here, especially since I'm calling because I haven't received the paperwork I need for my appointment next Monday. That's ALL I'm calling about. And this is a dermatology office I'm calling, so it's not like people were having a bunch of dermatological emergencies over the weekend that they're piling up this morning.

But then I have that stupid fear that as soon as I hang up, it would have been my turn. Sigh. Harvard Pilgrim/Beth Israel Deaconess does not get my vote for helpful phone service.

2 comments:

Julie_M said...

"Harvard Pilgrim/Beth Israel Deaconess does not get my vote for helpful phone service."
They also don't get my vote for having a name that rolls easily off the tongue.

Once, I spent three hours on hold with Charter cable. Here's to hoping you are not STILL on hold...

Suzy said...

Wow, I'm impressed you lasted so long. My limit is 30 min when calling the doc...unless extremely important for a kid's appt.