Sunday, May 14, 2006

over-punctuating

I just looked at the list of previous posts and realized that I have a tendency toward over-punctuating, specifically over-exclamation-pointing.

Then again, if it isn't exciting and worthy of an exclamation point, why even blog about it?

I just got a new book called The Happy Hooker. He He He. It's a crochet book...get it? Hooker? It's by my favorite Stitch and B*tch knitting lady. I've been playing with different crochet stitches. Nothing worthy of a photo, though. Hopefully soon.

I also just finished My Life in France by Julia Child. I loved it! I didn't have much (any) knowledge about Julia Child besides her funny voice, but I loved the description of France, the food, and her very interesting life. Also notable are the photographs her very artistic husband took while they were there...they're interspersed among the text and add a lot of insight into France after the War. I'm pretty impressed that I got it within a month of release through my LOCAL PUBLIC LIBRARY. (yes, I love libraries)

Now I'm reading Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her. I'll let you know what I think about that one....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I read that book too!!! I loved it!!! Julia is my hero and obsession right now. Bruce gave me Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas and I picked up the second volume for $1.25 at a flea market. I've also been Netflixing her tv shows.

She taught me to make killer omelettes and gave me a reason to get obscure kitchen tools, like a hand-cranked food mill. I do need some better pots, though -- something to braise in.

maryse said...

i was going to ask if i could borrow the julia child book, but maybe i'll check and see if my library can get it for me.